We take being eco-conscious very seriously.
From the very beginning, every aspect of each KIND product is designed to be as green as possible, both inside and out.
Every choice we make with our packaging, ingredients, and processes must align with our goals – which are to actively help….
the deforestation and depletion of our natural resources, toxic emissions, and polluted air and water….
the ever-growing mounds of non-biodegradable trash on our lands and acres of garbage in our seas…
the negative effects our actions as humans have had on our climate.
A current listing of our efforts to be KIND to the earth.
*All ingredients completely biodegrade back into the ecosystem, and don’t pollute our water supply. (For example, we don’t use Triclosan or plastic scrub beads)
*We make sure the ingredients we use are from sustainable sources and are Fair Trade – including Palm oil. (See note about Palm in the Ingredient glossary).
Labels are 100% Tree-free.
Our bar soap labels are printed on PureLabels substrate, a tree-free, plastic-free material from Distant Village, Inc. The label stock is made from natural and renewable sugarcane waste fibers.
- Adhesives are 100% RCA (Recycle-Compatible Adhesive)
- Release Liner (the silicone coated paper backing) is from reclaimed and repaired industrial liner waste.
Our other labels are printed with soy ink on tree-free, water-free, recyclable FiberStone® material or BioStone labels made from crushed rock.
- FiberStone® Paper is made with a clean production process which does not utilize water or emits toxic air.
- FiberStone® Paper is chlorine free, acid-free, and safe for the environment.
- FiberStone® Paper, which is also known as stone paper or rock paper, is made from 80% Calcium Carbonate (CaCO?) with a small quantity (20%) of non-toxic resin (HDPE- High-Density Polyethylene). The Calcium Carbonate comes from limestone collected as waste material from existing quarries for the building and construction industry. It is ground up down to a fine powder like chalk and the HDPE acts as a binder for the Calcium Carbonate.
The environmental benefits of FiberStone® Paper:
- 20 Trees not cut down
- 42 lbs. water borne waste not created
- 7,480 gallons water/waste water saved
- 167 lbs. atmospheric emissions eliminated (acid rain)
- 25 million BTU’s energy not consumed
*Our Hang Tags are printed on 100% PCW recycled paper with vegetable based ink by Greener Printer – A wind-powered printer. (greenerprinter.com)
*We use Nature FlexTM biodegradable Cello bags. They are made from wood cellulose fibers sourced with sustainable forestry principles. Certified biodegradable, compostable and made carbon zero.
*Sinamay mesh gift bags and ribbon made with 100% natural fibers
We also use:
- Recyclable and Reusable Glass Jars
- Easily Recyclable PET jars/tubes – working on moving to PCW/sustainable plastic
- 100% Jute twine -Sustainable and Biodegradable
- Recyclable and Reusable Metal Tins
- Reusable muslin pouches
- Reusable and biodegradable jute burlap bags
- 100% recycled basket eco-shred
- Eco Ribbon made from 100% post consumer recycled plastic bottles.
- 100% Recycled Kraft Gift Boxes